At ABC we firmly believe that we are only as good as our people are.
We are committed to our vision of ensuring that we continue to be “The Bank of Choice” for both our customers and employees.
With this in mind, we have built a Talent Management strategy which has our Management Trainee (MTP) and Internship Programme feeding university “super achievers” into our talent pipeline, and ensuring that we have a continuous supply of smart and accomplished people to fill key executive, management, technical and professional positions in the bank.
|The Management Trainee Programme (MTP)|
ABC aspires in the long run to fulfill the following objectives:
- To attract and retain talented university “super achievers“ who show enthusiasm and exhibit a desire to make a career in the banking industry.
- To invest in the development of ABC’s human talent, who will - in turn - contribute to the achievement of business goals.
- To integrate this initiative into the “bigger picture“ of ABC’s Talent Management strategy.
At ABC our internship programme is much more than just a summer job.
It is classified, in terms of goals, into:
- Internships, which are a component of the Management Trainee programme, and we are working towards recruiting 80-90 % of our graduates from internships.
- A “shop window“ for both the bank and the participant.
- Providing real work and opportunities for participants.
- Providing tangible benefits for participants, such as:
- Professional Development
|What we are looking for..|
Our ideal candidate is a smart, self-motivated individual with an achievers mentality.
We use an Assessment Centre approach in selecting candidates,which involves occupational personality and motivational testing,;as well as a competency based interview approach.