Corporate Treasury in London is responsible for the execution of the Bank’s funding and liquidity requirements in line with the strategic balance sheet management objectives, thereby segregating liquidity and interest rate banking book management objectives from profit making activities. It oversees the following activities:
- Liquidity management, including Money Market, ALM and the High Quality Liquid Assets portfolio
- Pricing asset & liability deposit products for corporate clients and financial institutions
- Management of the interest rate risk within the balance sheet
- The Bank’s wholesale funding programmes
Bank ABC's Financial Markets team in London manage all exposures in foreign exchange, money markets, interest rate derivatives and fixed income products. These products are provided to assist our clients in hedging their foreign exchange and interest rate exposures and for investment purposes. Specific activities include:
- Pricing foreign exchange products for corporate clients and financial institutions (FM Sales)
- Pricing interest rate derivative products for corporate clients (FM Sales)
Undertaking proprietary trading activities within approved limits including:
- Foreign Exchange
- Interest Rates
- AFS Bonds
Working closely with our Group Treasury in Bahrain we are also able to assist in other asset classes. Please contact us for specific requests.
Money Market Deposits
We are able to offer competitive rates for both conventional and Islamic deposits.
Bank ABC Base Rate
With effect from 14 October 2020, Bank ABC Base Rate for sterling transactions is 0%.
This rate applies to alburaq home finance clients only.
You can find useful information on the regulations at the below links: